Tuesday, June 7, 2011

The unofficial guide to winning MTV World Stage 2011 Live in Malaysia Passes + Hidden Goodie

Ahoy me mates. Ye here to get yer World Stage Passes? Well yer on the wrong site! Ye here to get tips on how to get yer World Stage Passes? Ye at the right place!

Okay, I’ll stop the stupid language now. In this post, I’ll list down possibly every source for you to get passes, tips on how to get it from the official site, and the myths and truths of some tips already given on twitter.

Hmm, where do I start? Well, here are your sources for the passes:

  1. MTV
  2. i-City
  3. Celcom / Xpax
  4. Mastercard
  5. Twisties

I won’t write on how they’ll give but you can find the info all right here.

But before that, why would you follow tips from some random dude? Haha, well, I’ve won ONE (1) pair of passes (Instant Win) on the first day itself, but gotten A LOT of stand a chance, like maybe 13-15 times.

Firstly, here are the times that MTV gives them out:

12 AM, 2AM, 4AM, 6AM, 8AM, 10AM, 12PM, 2PM, 4PM, 6PM, 8PM, and 10 PM (I guess since they give it every two hours)

Besides that, IT IS PURELY BASED ON LUCK! There’s no point in trying to use bots or anything because it has nothing to do with your side, but MTV’s instead.

Next, the FLIGHT CASES. You don’t necessarily have to click on a specific flight case, because when you click on any one of them, the data sent to MTV doesn’t include which case you clicked, instead some code which has to do with the time you clicked on it is sent. MTV has probably set a certain time for the ‘Instant Win’ and ‘Stand a Chance’ pages to appear, or it could be just randomized.

From my experience (and others on twitter), one of the most possible times MTV gives out the passes, be it Instant Win or Stand A Chance, is FIVE (5) minutes into the game. And others (including me) have even gotten a Stand a Chance pop up TEN (10) minutes before the game ends, leaving not enough time for one to come up with a slogan. So is it really “randomized”? I’ll leave that up to you.

NOTE: DO NOT only try 5 minutes after it begins or 10 minutes before the game ends only because I mentioned it here. IT STILL COULD APPEAR AT ANY TIME!

Now about the browsers. Well first, here is my setup. I open IE9, Firefox and Chrome, 1 tab each with the home page. I click on one of the cases and refresh it each time I see a message other than the Stand a Chance and Instant Win, then switch to the other browser and do the same thing.

I would recommend you to open different browsers, rather than multiple tabs. Why? Simply because if you open too many tabs, the browser might crash, then you have to open it again and wait for it to load, and you waste a lot of time. If you open different browsers, if one crashes, you still have another 2 (or more depending on how many browsers you open) browsers open.

Now this really may surprise you, but on my computer, Internet Explorer 9 is the fastest. Chrome and Firefox are not really that fast (for me at least). However, Chrome was really fast on my friends computer. Oddly enough, I got my Instant Win on Chrome, and nearly all my Stand a Chance on Firefox. Although IE9 is the fastest, I’ve only gotten a Stand a Chance once. But then again its based on luck. I’ve never tried Safari on my Windows computer, nor my Hackintosh. Try and see which browser works best on your computer. But most probably at the end of the day, Chrome is the winner.

“You can customize how the World Stage site looks like on IE9, with the black buttons as you can see. Pretty nice eh? “

Important note: IE9 doesn’t show the T&C page correctly, which might screw up your form if you click on it.”

“It is possible to try it on the iPad/iPad 2, although I would strictly not recommend you to try using it! It’s slow, and doesn’t support Flash.”

Here are some FAQ:

1. “OMG! I got the Instant Passes! What do I do?”

Congrats! Answer the simple question (If you get it wrong, well, you get it wrong, but HOW COULD YOU GET IT WRONG?!?). Then fill out your details, (Make sure you fill in the right e-mail address! a few sent in the wrong ones, and also your IC no, as you can’t change it after that!) Then check your e-mail, you should see something like this:

Click on the link, and verify your details.

2. “I won! But I never got any e-mail?!? Why? :( ”

Did you put in the right e-mail address? Check your Spam / Junk folder. If there still isn’t anything, send an e-mail to worldstage2011@mtvasia.com telling them about your problem. (And don’t bother to e-mail them claiming you ‘won’ if you didn’t)

3. “I submitted my slogan for Stand a Chance already! Can I join again?”

Yes, you can submit an Instant Win or Stand a Chance again.

4. “I got Instant Passes already! Can I submit again?”

 

NO. Once you’ve gotten Instant Passes, YOU CANNOT SUBMIT AGAIN!

(Even if its Stand a Chance). You’ll be given this message:

5. “But what if I want to win two pairs? :(”

Of course can’t write it here! :P

6. “When will MTV announce the winners for Stand a Chance?”

Supposedly 72 hours after the date of entry, but so far no one has confirmed they won through Stand a Chance. 72 hours AFTER the closing date, which is 3 days after July 6.

7. “When am I gonna get my tickets?  It’s been more than a week!:(”

I won on the first day, and it still hasn’t arrived! But @mtvasia ‘s tweet explains:

“In case you didn’t get it, its July 17.”

8. “Wait, how do I win? :\”

After all that, you now only ask? LOL.

____________________________________________________________________

Okay, now for the Myths and fact:

Myth:HERE IS THAA GOOOOOOODDIIEEE!!! WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

“Searching around other tabs like Event Line-up Videos etc. don't just stay in one tab alone.”

Fact: While loading pages other than the home page might increase the speed of refreshing (because it doesn’t have much to load), the chances of winning on those pages probably won’t differ from winning on the home page. Just choose a page with loads faster than others, so you don’t have to wait so long. (I can’t tell you which is the best because it differs from different computer specs)

Myth:

“Google Chrome is the best for the speed! good n light browser will perform the best!”

“recommend you to use safari, chrome and firefox4.goodluck!”

“I use safari. me & my friend won use safari by open up 4 or 5 multi tabs,almost 30 mins.”

“I use chrome. I won at the 40 mins something lah. Maybe. Try to open more than 1 tab.”

“Use google chrome for better result. I got 3 chances on my 3rd session and I won it on the 3rd chance.”

“This REALLY may help #worldstagemy open a single browser (currently Chrome) open up to 8 multiple tabs, right hand on mouse and left hand on F5 (refresh) button”

Fact: As I said earlier, it won’t really matter, but Chrome would be the best. I can’t say you’ll get a better result, but so far most people have won on Chrome. But then again maybe because its a common browser.

Myth:

“I didn't click the case as soon as the time started, it was already a min into it, and I only had 1 tab open this time.”

“It was pure luck. Once d timer started, I clicked on the 1st box I see, the first one on the left, and that was the one!”

Fact: As I said earlier, it is based on luck. I’m not entirely sure whether refreshing and immediately clicking on a case would be the same as loading it and then clicking on it afterwards. It doesn’t matter which case you pick, heck, even if you’re using a screwed up browser, the cases would probably be appearing on the top! :P

Oh, and one more thing.

“Also note that pass holder who is 15 years old or below is to be accompanied by an adult (aged 21 years old or above) who must also have a pass to the event.”

Be sure to leave a comment below or tweet at me on twitter @jonrulezz if you got any questions, and tips if you’ve got em’.

Oh yeah, check back this site often, I’ll blog about the latest contests conducted by others like Twisties and Xpax, and follow me on twitter. Who knows, I might give more tips!

‘Like’ or tweet this post if you think it’s helpful lah. Share it with your friends too. Sharing is caring right? :P I put a lot of effort in this. lol.

Good luck!

LOL you couldn’t find the hidden goodie? Haha, don’t waste your time, try to win em’ tickets first.

5 comments:

Ming920810 said...

Thank you for your tips! I won it!!!Did you received any form of contact from mtv besides email? So we just have to wait for the tickets to be sent to our homes? Ahhh, I'm so excited that i was shaking while typing the details. I hope I didnt mess up the address. :) Thanks a lot! And 1 more, what do you mean by must be accompanied by adult older than 21? Then can i go with my friend? We are both 19.

Jonathan Raj said...

@Ming920810 congratz! you're the first one to actually thank me lol! I've not received anything from them yet other than e-mail, so u would have to wait from them. btw, u won express passes or normal passes? and yes, you can go, since you're 19.

Denise said...

wat if i'm 17 years old?
the ticket will mail to our house?

Jonathan Raj said...

@Denise yes, u can go, you don't need someone aged 21 and above to accompany you. yes, the tickets will be mailed to your house. even I haven't received it yet. :(

خدمات منزلية said...

شركة تنظيف بالمبرز

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...